Gilbert M. Frimet
Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC
28411 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48034
Gil joined the firm Of Counsel in 2003 and is a member of the Health Care Law Practice Group. He began practicing in Michigan in 1955 and has over 48 years of health and administrative law experience.
He concentrates his practice in the areas of health care law and administrative law. A prolific writer, many articles authored and coauthored by Gil have appeared in Health Care Weekly Review and numerous health and legal publications.
Gil received his undergraduate degree from Wayne State University and his L.L.B. and J.D. from Wayne State University Law School.
A member of the State Bar of Michigan, the American Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association, Gil is also a member of the State Bar of Michigan’s Health Care Law Section.
- Formation and ongoing representation of an HMO in and its independent practice association.
- Formation of physician-hospital organizations (PHO’s) and physician organizations (PO’s), and with numerous contractual undertakings both with these types of organizations in their contracts with third party insurers and government payors.
- Role of general counsel to southeastern Michigan Medical Center through all stages of development from the planning and building of the facility to ongoing growth and development.
- Development and finalization of managed care relationships between providers/payors including rates and methodologies of payment and service delivery.
- Prosecution and defense of providers in medical necessity (unnecessary services) cases with resulting claims for reimbursement. The organizations involved included Medicare/Medicaid programs, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and private carriers.
- Development of structures for inter hospital collaboration.
- Representation of a multitude of physical therapists and PT groups in connection with reimbursement rights and appeal rights with third party payers and insurance companies.
The combination of an aging population, ongoing medical advancements and health care reform brings even more complexity to the already intricate arena of health care law. Foster Swift’s team of experienced health law attorneys has been serving the industry long before its current rise in the public eye.
Complementing the experience of our Health Care Practice Group is the unique blend of regulatory, transactional and litigation attorneys all of whom are knowledgeable with the myriad of health care issues. We represent:
- Physician groups
- Home health and hospice providers
- Long-term care and assisted living providers
- Health care systems and networks
- Managed care organizations
- PACE organizations
- Physical therapy providers
- Pharmacies and durable medical equipment companies
- Integrated delivery systems
- Health information technology companies
- E-health businesses
- Health-care-related supplier trade associations
- Non-profit health care foundations and organizations
- Waiver Organizations
With Foster Swift, clients have the benefit of counsel who have a thorough understanding of the clinical and business realities of health care as well as the legal and regulatory requirements.
For more than 100 years, Foster Swift Collins & Smith has provided outstanding client service and legal excellence. Our firm delivers comprehensive services for businesses, organizations, municipalities, families and individuals across Michigan, the nation and beyond.
Foster Swift’s 100-plus attorneys across Michigan provide a results-minded attitude and across-the-board legal excellence.
We credit our success and growth to the firm’s adherence to our Midwestern values of integrity, civility, hard work, camaraderie and commitment to our communities.
Clients of all backgrounds, public and private, seek our help. For most, we establish long-term relationships that span generations. They appreciate our ability and experience in handling sophisticated transactions and corporate formations, difficult litigation and complex regulatory and municipal issues.