Erin E. Rhinehart
110 N. Main St., Suite 1600
Dayton, OH 45402
Tel: (937) 227-3714
Erin’s commercial litigation practice includes extensive health care industry practice including review of physician and payor contract issues, EMTALA, balance billing, payor/provider issues, tortious interference, fraud, and various consumer claims.
She has defended hospital systems and payors against class action allegations relating to billing, contracting, fraud, consumer complaints, and related issues. She also has experience litigating payor/provider disputes, as well as experience reviewing and negotiating physician contracts.
In addition to her health care experience, Erin frequently defends consumer class actions, and litigates various media and communication issues, intellectual property issues, and contract issues.
Representative Matters Include:
- Rupp, et al. v. Premier Health Partners, et al., Case No. 18-cv-1916 (Montgomery Cty. Ohio) (successful defense of class action and obtained summary judgment in favor of client healthcare system)
- Lima Memorial Hospital v. Dr. Almudallal M.D., Case No. CV-2015-0329 (Allen Cty. Ohio) defense of tortious interference claims)
- CareSource v. Anesthesiologists D.O., et al., Case No. 2019-cv-2449 (Montgomery Cty. Ohio) (prosecution of breach of contract and fraud claims)
- Desai, et al. v. CareSource, et al., Case No. 2018-cv-1133 (Montgomery Cty. Ohio) (defense of class action)
- Rikos, et al. v. The Procter & Gamble Company, Case No. 1:11-cv-226 (S.D. Ohio) (defense of consumer class action)
- Reed Elsevier Inc., through its LexisNexis Div. v. Legal Research Center, Inc., Case No. 3:15-cv-00256 (S.D. Ohio) (prosecution of breach of licensing agreement)
- Operation: Heroes, Ltd. v. The Procter & Gamble Company, et al., Case No. 2:12-cv-00214 (D. Nev.) (defense of breach of contract claims)
- George, et al. v. Cargill, et al., Case No. 10CV028536 (Preble Cty. Ohio) (defense of class action lawsuit involving water contamination)
- Benchmark Litigation – Top 250 Women in Litigation (August 2021)
- Premier Health Care Lawyer (Dayton 2020-2022)
- The Business Journals 2019 Influencers: Law 2019
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators 2018-2022
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star recognition, 2016-2020 (honoring the achievements of the nation’s most accomplished legal partners forty or younger)
- Super Lawyers – 2019-2022
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2014-2018
- Dayton Business Journal, Power 50 Honoree, 2018-2021 (recognized as one of the most influential women in business in Dayton)
- The Federal Service Award – Federal Bar Association, Dayton Chapter, 2020
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association, President’s Choice Award, 2017
- WiBN/BBB Top 25 Women to Watch Honoree, 2016
- 40 Under 40 Award – Dayton Business Journal, 2013
- 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame Inductee – Dayton Business Journal, 2020
- UD Women Lead, University of Dayton Center for Leadership – Graduate of Inaugural Cohort, Class of 2020
- Leadership Dayton – Dayton Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2012
- Ohio State Bar Association Foundation, Community Service Award, 2008
American Bar Association
Executive Editor, Section of Litigation, Litigation Journal (2017-present)
Co-Chair, Section of Litigation, Content Summit (2018-present)
Section of Litigation, Content Summit 2018-2019
Member, Forum on Communications Law
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Editorial Board Member, TYL (official publication of ABA’s Young Lawyers Division) (2006-2015)
Ohio State Bar Association
Chair, Media Law Committee (2016-2018)
Life Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation
Ohio Women’s Bar Association
President, May 2021-May 2022
Vice President, May 2019-May 2020
Member, Board of Trustees – District 2 (2016-April 2019)
Federal Bar Association, Dayton Chapter
Chapter President (October 2017-October 2018)
Executive Board Member (2013—present)
Chair, Publicity & Public Relations Committee (2013-2015)
On the Merits newsletter, founder & inaugural publisher/editor (2013-2015)
Dayton Bar Association
Co-Chair, Women in Law Forum (2019-2020)
Co-Founder & Co-Chair 5 for the Kids 5k race to benefit CARE House (2006-2008)
Complex litigation has been the focus of Faruki since our founding in 1989. Building on a strong core of established Dayton trial attorneys known for their expertise in business law, our reputation has extended to businesses and courts of law across the country.
Typically, our client is a business owner or in-house legal counsel. Like most individuals seeking legal counsel, they come to us with high-stress, high-stakes issues. We work together to develop a strategy that minimizes stress and risk, while staying focused on the desired result.
Faruki is a litigation firm led by trial lawyers. Our lawyers demonstrate a consistently high level of competency based on our knowledge of the client, nuances of the client’s business and industry, and the intricacies of the law. We take trial practice seriously. While not all cases will be tried, our clients understand and appreciate that we keep the endgame in sight because it gives them the most direct and efficient path to a favorable outcome.
Our reputation for excellence starts with each client relationship. Clients find that our intellect and experience serve them well, leading to consistent and efficient achievement of their goals.