Gregory W. Bee
Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
425 Walnut Street, Suite 1800
Cincinnati, OH 45202-3957
Tel: (513) 357-9673
Greg has extensive experience in a range of corporate issues as they relate to physicians and health care entities. His practical, straight-forward approach to issues starts and ends with his clients’ unique goals, realities and risk tolerance. Through this approach, Greg has earned a reputation as a trusted and empowering ally.
Greg advises health and life sciences clients on numerous matters and issues, including startup and financing, employment, hospital and physician joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, state professional and facility licensing issues, food and drug law, and regulatory matters, including HIPAA, Stark and Anti-Kickback issues.
Greg is regularly involved in charitable and civic activities through the Cincinnati Bar Association and currently serves on the board/advisory committee of Building Blocks Foundation, a child health non-profit.
Greg received his undergraduate degree and his master’s from Ohio University and earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was a member of the Health Law Society.
- University of Michigan Law School (2002)
- Ohio University (1997)
- Ohio University (1995)
- Representation of physician groups and hospitals in connection with practice acquisitions and hospital employment of physicians.
- Numerous physician practice mergers and affiliations.
- Formation and ongoing representation of clinically-integrated networks and representation of physician groups negotiating the terms of participation within such networks.
- Clinical integration and (re)negotiation of contracts for multiple hospital-employed physician groups within health systems.
- Negotiation of clinical co-management agreements with hospitals for both hospital-based physician groups and surgical specialty physician groups.
- Formation and ongoing representation of ambulatory surgical centers.
- Creation of a physician referral entity.
- Representation of physician groups and institutions in academic medical center and faculty practice plan matters.
- Formation and ongoing representation of medical and dental practice management services organizations.
Between emerging research, innovative biotechnology, changing payment and delivery models and evolving regulations and requirements, the health care and life sciences industry has no status quo. Organizations of all sizes and from all corners of the market need comprehensive and innovative legal services that can anticipate and adapt to the evolving complexities of technology and the regulatory and business landscape.
Our locally and nationally recognized team of health and life sciences attorneys counsel clients through the increasingly complex spectrum of legal issues facing these businesses. And, through connections to the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) and our ongoing relationship with industry leaders, groups and publications, our team is uniquely in-tune with the ever-changing business and legal challenges that impact the life sciences industry today and in the future.
Our group provides clients with sophisticated advice and services, manifesting experience in many diverse areas and across a variety of industry segments, including:
- Hospitals and health systems.
- Academic medical centers.
- Research institutions.
- Physicians, group practices and individual professionals.
- Federally qualified health centers.
- Long-term care, including nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Durable medical equipment suppliers.
- Home health agencies and hospices.
- Ancillary providers, such as ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories and diagnostic facilities.
- Accountable care organizations and clinically integrated networks.
- Pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Biotechnology companies.
- Health care trade associations.
- Healthcare consulting organizations.
- Financial institutions.
Several Taft team members have garnered recognition for their skill in the health care and life sciences industry. Recognitions include Best Lawyers in Health Care Law in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America, Leading Lawyers in Health Law by Leading Lawyers and special recognition for Health Care Law by Super Lawyers. Furthermore, our Health Care Law practice was honored as a Metropolitan First-Tier practice in Cincinnati and Columbus and National Second-Tier by Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms.
Our collaborative approach, advanced technological resources, and depth of services can transform what you expect from your legal team.
Founded in 1885 with an unwavering commitment to client service, our focus remains firm: to deliver innovative and results-oriented legal solutions.
“Gregory Bee has notable experience advising on corporate matters in the healthcare space, such as M&A and joint venture transactions. He also assists with regulatory matters, including HIPAA compliance.”