Limo T. Cherian
K&L Gates LLP
70 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Limo was a partner in the Chicago office of a health care boutique. She also served as an Assistant Attorney General with the Office of the Illinois Attorney General and has served as a Special Assistant Attorney General for litigation on behalf of a public university.
Limo has advised clients on regulatory and compliance matters related to Stark, Anti-Kickback and Civil Monetary Penalties issues. She has also advised clients regarding Medicare fraud and abuse issues, reimbursement and antitrust issues.
Limo has experience litigating health care matters including contesting certificate of need decisions, physician restrictive covenants and payment disputes. She has also litigated and negotiated issues involving, managed care contracts, professional services agreements and information technology contracts.
Limo has experience in trial proceedings in State and Federal courts across the United States, as well as in administrative proceedings and arbitrations. She also has experience in appellate practice and has briefed and argued appeals both in federal and state appeals courts.
- Coordinated EU regulatory review regarding relationships with health care professionals.
- Provided health care regulatory advice to laboratory regarding government and private payor issues.
- Provided advice regarding operations of clinically integrated network.
- Provided advice regarding state law licensing issues and regulatory issues related to managed care.
- Provided regulatory advice to ambulatory infusion center.
- Provided advice regarding Medicare Shared Savings Program accountable care organization, clinically integrated network and bundled payment models.
- Provide advice regarding accountable care organization and employee health plan shared savings arrangements.
- Provided advice regarding clinically integrated network formation.
- Provided regulatory and reimbursement advice regarding genetic testing and molecular pathology.
- Provided advice to health system regarding payor relations and clinically integrated network.
- Provide advice regarding managed care, population health and data sharing.
- Provided advice regarding formation and operation of Bridges Health Partners.
- Provided advice regarding managed care contracting.
- Provide regulatory support for government enforcement actions.
- Provided ongoing regulatory advice regarding national DMEPOS supplier operations, mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisted national laboratory in health care regulatory review for acquisitions.
Health care is one of the largest, most heavily regulated, and most complex industries. Health care providers and companies face enormous challenges navigating through a maze of regulation while at the same time leading the world in advancements in patient care and treatment, medical education and research, and technology.
In today’s era of value-based reimbursement, technological innovation, increasing regulatory complexity and scrutiny, and constantly changing political priorities, health care entities continue to survive and grow through their trademark commitments to excellence, innovation, and global reach. Our health care and FDA team brings similar commitments to the practice of law. We offer practical, swift, and creative solutions to our clients’ legal challenges.
We currently represent health care clients across the care continuum, from premier academic medical centers and hospitals and health systems to home health agencies and hospices, pharmacies, clinical labs, durable medical equipment suppliers, and long-term care providers. Our health care and FDA practitioners also represent leading research and drug development companies, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and new and emerging digital technologies in all aspects of the development, launch, and marketing of their products. We further advise venture capital funds, private equity funds, and other investors into the health care sector. We have extensive experience providing legal analysis and advice concerning all aspects of health care provider regulation, operations, and transactions. Product and services of our health care company client span the fields of proteomics, genomics, stem cells, bioinformatics, gene and cell therapies, nanotechnology, diagnostics, combinant vaccine development, drug and medical device development, nutraceuticals and food additives, and agricultural biotechnology.
At K&L Gates, we foster an inclusive and collaborative environment across our fully integrated global platform that enables us to diligently combine the knowledge and expertise of our lawyers and policy professionals to create teams that provide exceptional client solutions. We marry process with vision, success with dedication, method with passion, and innovation with creativity. The outcome: The K&L Gates Experience.
Located across five continents, we represent a broad array of leading global corporations in every major industry, capital markets participants, and ambitious middle-market and emerging growth companies. We also serve public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations, and individuals. Our lawyers counsel clients on their most sophisticated legal challenges in all areas of corporate and regulatory law as well as litigation.
We are leaders in legal issues relating to industries critical to the economies of both the developed and developing worlds—technology, manufacturing, energy, transportation, telecommunications, financial services, and life sciences, among others.
“She has a strong substantive knowledge of a broad range of healthcare regulatory and transactional issues. She is very knowledgeable and provides practical advice. She is very experienced and adaptable to individual situations and questions.“